Tuesday, February 6, 2018

How to: Curb Cravings

I get it- we ALL love cookies. We ALL love candy. We ALL love pizza. We ALL love tacos. We ALL love peanut butter. I get it. I GET IT. Trust me- I GET IT. There isn't a person (fit or not) on this earth that could honestly say they don't have cravings. We all have cravings. The trick- you have to be stronger than the cravings if you want to really succeed with your health and wellness goals.

Let me also first say this- life is meant to be lived. When we travel- we enjoy ourselves (within reason, we usually practice IF and pack a ton of protein and enjoy 1 meal a day at a new restaurant). This is not a blog post to sit here and preach and tell you to not enjoy food off your diet. Screw that. I don't even follow that. If you need more info, follow these links:

Ok, now back to the point of this blog post- I am talking specifically about the cravings you get at the end of the day when you have been 100% on your meal plan and as soon as the sun goes down- you become a junk food werewolf. You could eat 50 bags of chips. You could eat 50 donuts. You could eat 50 slices of pizza. You could eat 50 gallons of ice cream. But why? Usually- it's boredom. Other times- it's because you don't enjoy the food that's on your meal plan. And other times- you hired some idiot off of Instagram who isn't certified to be writing meal plans and they themselves don't even look like they have a clean bill of health and suddenly they're your coach and you're starving and they're starving and then you binge and they make you do hours of cardio the next day to make up for it and suddenly you have the world's worst relationship with food (just like they do). And off my soap box.

Here are my tips on how to curb cravings
1: make sure your diet plan was written by someone who is actually certified to ensure you are getting adequate nutrients throughout the day (hi, hello, it's me)
2: make sure you are getting plenty of water throughout the day- I recommend 1 gallon for females
3: DO NOT buy foods you crave. DO NOT keep foods you crave in the house. If you buy it- you will eat it
4: trick yourself- fitness is honestly all about making unhealthy things, healthy.
my protein dessert cookbook: DESSERT BOOK
my healthy meals cookbook: WILD GAME WILD GAINS
5: keep sugar free packets of water flavoring in the house (not the healthiest option but I would rather see someone enjoy a 5 calorie packet of fruit punch than binge on 1900 calories of nut butter)
6: chew gum- my favorite is bubblemint
7: drink ginger tea
8: drink fiber (our brand is coming out very, very soon)!
9: do some online shopping- checkout the website https://www.liketoknow.it/ and follow me + other bloggers to shop our closets- it's super fun (my username is sarah_bowmar) OR get on expedia and shop travel! It's literally one of my favorite things to do
10: lastly, drink protein (notably, protein hot chocolate)

I truly hope these tips help! My life's mission is to combat all the BS out there online and what's portrayed on social media!