Yes- you read the title right. These cinnamon rolls are a much healthier alternative to it's sugary sister. It is higher on the fat side of things but if you are watching carbs or simply just wanting a way to satisfy your sweet tooth without completely derailing your entire day- look no further
If you prefer to watch the recipe in video form, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnPY3v-F_0
Ingredients (yields 14)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9 x 13 with spray oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, erythritol, whey protein, baking powder, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum
- Stir in eggs and butter until dough comes together. It will be quite sticky.
- Turn out dough onto a large piece of parchment, and then pat into a rough rectangle.
- Top with another piece of parchment and roll out to about 10x8 inches. Peel off top piece of parchment paper.
- Brush dough with melted butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar substitute and cinnamon, going almost right to edges.
- Starting with the far, longer edge of your dough, gently lift away from the parchment and roll up tightly towards you. Pinch the seam to seal.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut into 8 equal portions. Place in prepared cake pan, just barely touching each other, and bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until just golden brown. Remove and let cool 10 minutes.
- For the Frosting, whisk ingredients in a medium bowl and then pipe or spread onto warm rolls.
Macros: Serves 14. Each serving has 173 calories, 14.7 fat, 3.6 carbs, and 7 protein